Let's Talk Racing at FCS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The New Forum

+3
8 Ball Racing
MUSTANG CHICK
Speedyb9
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The New Forum Empty The New Forum

Post by Speedyb9 Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:04 pm

Cool new forum fcs made. Thanks for still keeping one available to the drivers and fans of fcs. Very Happy
Speedyb9
Speedyb9
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

The New Forum Empty Re: The New Forum

Post by MUSTANG CHICK Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:11 pm

I dont think anyone affliated w/ FCS made ths forum!!!!! But its great that its here for everyone!!!! Very Happy
MUSTANG CHICK
MUSTANG CHICK
Defending Champion
Defending Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Speedyb9 Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:15 pm

Haha. Yeah I guess ur right. lol!
Speedyb9
Speedyb9
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MUSTANG CHICK Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:30 pm

lol! I just hope ppl dont go over board so this one dont get taken away from us!!!!! lol!
MUSTANG CHICK
MUSTANG CHICK
Defending Champion
Defending Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Speedyb9 Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:38 pm

Yeah, I really enjoy having a forum that is commited to fcs. Smile Smile Smile
Speedyb9
Speedyb9
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Speedyb9 Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:44 pm

I wonder if any drivers from south boston will race at fcs this weekend since they have a weekend off?
Speedyb9
Speedyb9
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 8 Ball Racing Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:19 pm

Hopefully a bunch of them will come up because the more cars the better.

www.JonathanSmithRacing.20m.com
8 Ball Racing
8 Ball Racing
Track Champion
Track Champion

http://www.jonathansmithracing.20m.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Speedyb9 Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:04 pm

O yeah. It would be awesome if there was 15-20 late models there. Twisted Evil
Speedyb9
Speedyb9
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FCS Encyclopedia Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:47 pm

Here is the argument why you will not see that many cars at FCS in their Late Model class. True LMSC cars will not come because of the rules. South Boston's Limited Sportsman class does run the ZZ4 like FCS, but they also run racing fuel and the 390carb. Same with Motor Mile's Limited Sportsman class. They run the right engine, but the carb is different and who is going to drain their fuel cell to fill up with pump gas???

Just a few simple tweaks to the rules and personnel and FCS may stand a chance to get Barnes, Parrish, Hurt and others from the Motor Mile crowd. These cars are just so close to Late Model Stock Cars in every aspect that I am sure it is tough for a driver and car owner to justify racing 50 laps at FCS for what is being paid to win. The tire cost is not bad on the scuffs, but $400 to win in a piece of equiment that easily costs $25,000 to build, even with the crate motor, is out of my realm of normal thinking.

Got my lottery tickets....if they hit tomorrow night, that place is in for a wonderful change for the better.... Very Happy

FCS Encyclopedia
Defending Champion
Defending Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Speedyb9 Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:20 pm

If fcs ran a 390carb and racing fuel, then Anthony may find his way back down there...The tire rule could use a tweak too. If fcs could do 5 scuffs for 150. I'm sure more late models would show. study
Speedyb9
Speedyb9
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FCS Encyclopedia Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:52 am

Forgot to mention South Boston Limited Sportsman cars weigh 100lbs. more than what FCS Late Model cars have to weigh.

FCS Encyclopedia
Defending Champion
Defending Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by MUSTANG CHICK Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:05 am

yeah its hard 2 believe that it only takes pretty much just 2 lil changes and FCS would have cars that can run other tracks and in return others can come to FCS as well!!! oh well as we have been told b4 we dont make the rules!!!

lol!
MUSTANG CHICK
MUSTANG CHICK
Defending Champion
Defending Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Speedyb9 Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:03 pm

The late model divison has a lot of potential. Very Happy
Speedyb9
Speedyb9
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MUSTANG CHICK Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:50 pm

It could have tremendous potential.... but as the rules stand it will good not just great!!! pirat I aint putting the track down just putting my 2 cents in...... (i'm covering my ears i know whats coming next.... bring it on!!! Arrow
MUSTANG CHICK
MUSTANG CHICK
Defending Champion
Defending Champion

Back to top Go down

The New Forum Empty Potential

Post by Racer99 Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:08 pm

I think all of the divisions have alot of potential especially the Late model. All sports have rules, Good ones and bad ones, We just have to make the best of them and be the best that we can be with what we have been given to work with. There isnt a perfect person on this planet and for us to bash a track that is giving us the opportunity to do what we love is absurd. I for one loved it when I raced there a few years ago and will love to do it again. Things change and owners and crews and the fans will do what they can with times like they are to make the spedway the best possible. I think that Whitey and the other officials are doing the best that they can to try and get as many fans in the seats as possible, Cheaper gate prices so people can afford to be there for starters was a great idea, secondly running pump gas doesnt make the huge difference everybody thinks it does and its alot cheaper for the racers, but on that note, fans are not going to come watch an empty track..If you want it all to get better we will need as many drivers and crews as possible to BITE the Bullet, (for now), and get out there and put on some great racing..If the cars are there and the racing is good the stands will fill up and then better things will be. You have to understand we all want the track to succeed because if it doesn't we wont have a track at all.....
Racer99
Racer99
Heat Winner
Heat Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by MUSTANG CHICK Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:17 pm

i agree to some point.... But the rules are supposed to be for everyone!!! And respect should be given to all drivers, crew members & fans!! If not the stands are gonna be empty and then where is the track gonna be?? Respect goes along way...

I think everyone has just been voicing their opinions on what they think would make things better...
MUSTANG CHICK
MUSTANG CHICK
Defending Champion
Defending Champion

Back to top Go down

The New Forum Empty Respect

Post by Racer99 Tue Apr 14, 2009 5:30 pm

I agree that respect should be given to all of those people, but....all of those people should also give the respect to the owners and officials. Respect is earned and while things look bad they could be much worse. We lost the other forum for the simple fact that we weren't showing the respect that WE Should have, hopefully that wont happen again. Lets just make the best out of a rough situation and play the hand that we all have been dealt. Its not like there is one set of rules for some and different ones for others, they are the same for us all....
Racer99
Racer99
Heat Winner
Heat Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by MUSTANG CHICK Tue Apr 14, 2009 5:42 pm

I'm not tryin to argue here... but i dont agree that the rules are fr everyone!!! crate motors for instance from what i understand were not to be "touched" and several crate motors were not sealed......

Yeah its not the best dealt hand in the world right and yeah we have to work with what we got..... but no one will ever know how we feel unless we let them know how we feel and what we think.....

Was told today that the FCS Pit CHatter will be probably be back up next week???!!!! Who knows, i dont think it will last for the simple fact that no one can voice their opinions because someone will get offended and go whining again and it will be shut down again.....

Just my opinions here.....
MUSTANG CHICK
MUSTANG CHICK
Defending Champion
Defending Champion

Back to top Go down

The New Forum Empty Crate motors

Post by Racer99 Tue Apr 14, 2009 5:48 pm

Crate motors can be freshened up which means that they wont be sealed from the factory. They are still suppose to be within specs and that is where the officials come in to play.
Racer99
Racer99
Heat Winner
Heat Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by MUSTANG CHICK Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:20 pm

maybe so but i personally think.... on the first race it wouldnt need 2 be freshened up. i may be under the wrong impression but i thought they were supposed 2 be sealed period! And when a car is set up according to the rules and they find out friday night that one of the rules was wrong, why not give them a week to correct it not want to add weight to them for following the rules.... First week is over with so no reason to keep rehashing im just making a point that the rules so far have not been for everyone... Just my 2 cents....
MUSTANG CHICK
MUSTANG CHICK
Defending Champion
Defending Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Speedyb9 Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:25 pm

I agree crate motors shouldn't need to be freshend up the first race of the season. If it is straight from the company you bought it from then there is no reason (unless i'm unaware of one) that it needs to be freshend up... Suspect
Speedyb9
Speedyb9
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

The New Forum Empty Rule Change

Post by ducksracin Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:54 am

What was the last minute rule change that happened Friday before race day? Crate motors can get refreshed. They must be refreshed by an approved machinist. That machinist has the seal bolts issued to him by the manufacturer. If one was found with out the proper seals then it is an illegal motor no questions asked. It could have been refreshed at the end of last season during the off season. However this goes back to the proper seal issue again.

ducksracin
Qualifier
Qualifier

Back to top Go down

Post by MUSTANG CHICK Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:18 pm

the rules posted stated 1450 weight in the right side, it was supposed to be 1400. But from what i understand they were wanting to add more than the 50 lbs. which is crazy!!!
MUSTANG CHICK
MUSTANG CHICK
Defending Champion
Defending Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Speedyb9 Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:28 pm

Thats weird...so they wanted to add 50 pounds if they didn't have they car changed??? scratch
Speedyb9
Speedyb9
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MUSTANG CHICK Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:37 pm

i think they wanted to add more than 50 lbs (i could be wrong) but the point i was making is that the rule was not caught until the night b4 the race... which i dont no much about mechanics but if the rule was posted and posted wrong then they should have let it ride a week to let the guys get it right. but instead they ended up loosing some... Sad
MUSTANG CHICK
MUSTANG CHICK
Defending Champion
Defending Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum