Let's Talk Racing at FCS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

just curious

+4
Racer99
25 ucar and 25 ministock
Wallace76fan
MUSTANG CHICK
8 posters

Go down

Do you think things are going good or bad @ FCS

just curious I_vote_lcap9%just curious I_vote_rcap 9% 
[ 1 ]
just curious I_vote_lcap91%just curious I_vote_rcap 91% 
[ 10 ]

Total Votes : 11

just curious Empty just curious

Post by MUSTANG CHICK Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:26 pm

alright i think i already know the answer to this one but, how many ppl think that things are going good/ bad @ FCS? Just curious and feel free to leave comments...
MUSTANG CHICK
MUSTANG CHICK
Defending Champion
Defending Champion

Back to top Go down

just curious Empty Re: just curious

Post by Wallace76fan Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:06 pm

The majority of us older race fans are going to say things are bad. A lot of these newbies that popped up over the past couple years are going to say things are great simply because they don't know better and are willing to race for nothing. Its a shame that something as simple as IGNORANCE is the only thing that's keeping FCS from being very prosperous not only for WT, but the drivers,sponsors and fans.
Wallace76fan
Wallace76fan
Track Champion
Track Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by 25 ucar and 25 ministock Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:19 pm

I think WT has been paying people what he says he is goin to pay them they then choose to race if they want to race they can or they can cry about the tires and what not then go home. Do I think it could better......... For sure it could be better we done seen that wilton agee use to have cars backed up to my house tryin to get in the track but hey we having fun.

25 ucar and 25 ministock
Defending Champion
Defending Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Racer99 Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:15 pm

Good or Bad? Its not as simple as that anymore. Are the payouts close to what the other tracks are paying?...NO. Is the racing good?...Yes. Are the majority of the drivers and crews having a good time?....Duh They arent there for the money. Yes it would be great to be getting the money the other tracks are paying out but to get money you have to spend more. Longer drive, different rules, less personal fans possibly. We have a track in our hometown...not the best looking place in the world, not the smoothest track in the world, not the best run facility in the world, But it is a great track to drive, its fun and challenging and its ours to build up or run into the ground. WT has stepped up and started paying what he said he would pay (not great but hey its WT), there have been more fans that have come out to enjoy the racing that probably wouldnt make the drive to some of these other tracks. WT claims that he can put on a great show, well last weekend was a couple nights of great shows. The teams that showed up put on some great races for some great fans. Im not pointing fingers or trying to step on toes here so please nobody take this that way because thats not what this is about. So to answer your question, GOOD OR BAD?, all I can say is, Better!
Racer99
Racer99
Heat Winner
Heat Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by Wallace76fan Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:46 pm

Racer99 wrote:Good or Bad? Its not as simple as that anymore. Are the payouts close to what the other tracks are paying?...NO. Is the racing good?...Yes. Are the majority of the drivers and crews having a good time?....Duh They arent there for the money. Yes it would be great to be getting the money the other tracks are paying out but to get money you have to spend more. Longer drive, different rules, less personal fans possibly. We have a track in our hometown...not the best looking place in the world, not the smoothest track in the world, not the best run facility in the world, But it is a great track to drive, its fun and challenging and its ours to build up or run into the ground. WT has stepped up and started paying what he said he would pay (not great but hey its WT), there have been more fans that have come out to enjoy the racing that probably wouldnt make the drive to some of these other tracks. WT claims that he can put on a great show, well last weekend was a couple nights of great shows. The teams that showed up put on some great races for some great fans. Im not pointing fingers or trying to step on toes here so please nobody take this that way because thats not what this is about. So to answer your question, GOOD OR BAD?, all I can say is, Better!

With more than 1 week with the TOTAL # of cars at the track in all divisions COMBINED being under 20 I personally don't call that better. For a track that doesn't have a parts truck/trailer,a tire truck/distributor, heck the don't even have scales isn't good or better its down right bad. You very much are entitled to your opinion but I feel the majority will feel the opposite.
Wallace76fan
Wallace76fan
Track Champion
Track Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Racer99 Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:28 pm

You said it that was just my opinion. Everyone is entitled to one. Those that are doing the most ridiculing of FCS are the ones that dont even bother racing there. We have been there week in and week out, so you are not telling the ones that have been there anything that we dont already know. The track is put down by some every week if not everyday. We go to race pure and simple. If more people would have stuck it out, the track may be in better shape. You are right the car counts are low compared to all the other tracks. Nobody could have expected the track to be a full house in the present situation. Until more people stick around and put the faith in the track its probably going to be about the same as it is. If I had the money to put into it and everybody put it down every week the track would be the same as it is right now. There are alot of improvements that need to be made and the more people that work with us and less against us the better the track will get. This is my opinion and hopefully , for Franklin County Racing Fans, not only my opinion.
Racer99
Racer99
Heat Winner
Heat Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by MUSTANG CHICK Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:42 pm

this is just my opinion..... but its great that you have stuck it out, but on the other hand with the way the economy is and stuff people cant afford to race and not get paid well.... fans cant afford to go see half cocked racing (im not knocking the drivers/cars just the amount of cars) its hard to stick with something that is falling apart structurally and in the way things are run... i think it is awesome for someone to stick with something they love, but then again its hard to stick with something that lets you down.....
MUSTANG CHICK
MUSTANG CHICK
Defending Champion
Defending Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by u-car 29 Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:59 pm

HELLO EVERYBODY,I HAVE RACED THERE FOR A WILE SEEN A LOT CHANGES.EVERYTHING BUT THE PAYOUT.GUYS THAT TRAVEL SPEND A LOT OF MONEY,THEY WOULD LIKE TO GET SOME BACK.THEY CANT AFFORD TO SPEND OVER ONE HUNDRED TO RACE AND GET TEN DOLLARS BACK.I THINK IF WT WOULD TAKE A CHANCE FOR A MONTH AND PAY REASONABLY, RACERS WILL COME. THEN MORE FANS.
u-car 29
u-car 29
Track Champion
Track Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Racer99 Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:29 am

MUSTANG CHICK wrote:i think it is awesome for someone to stick with something they love, but then again its hard to stick with something that lets you down.....

Very true. It is hard to stick with it but then again it is something that I love doing. Like I said before there are alot of improvements that could be and need to be made. I wish there could be a "Happy Medium", you know an agreement that has give and take from both sides. Everybody knows there is room for negotiation but will the two sides ever get that far....I for one hope so.
Racer99
Racer99
Heat Winner
Heat Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by 25 ucar and 25 ministock Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:59 am

Racer 99 this week come to me I would like to shake your hand. We got all these people talking junk about my hometown track,ALL I GOT TO SAY IS IF YOU DONT LIKE IT DONT COME WE WILL STILL HAVE FUN Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

25 ucar and 25 ministock
Defending Champion
Defending Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Wallace76fan Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:56 am

Just curious Anthony......did your dad used to work for the railroad ?
Wallace76fan
Wallace76fan
Track Champion
Track Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by 21 fan Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:23 am

My opinion on this subject is look how many people that the track has lost since they not running the late model division.if they would've let LT PROMOTIONS done what they propossed back at the beginning of the season it couldve been better for the track.

21 fan
Repeat Winner
Repeat Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by jdr77 Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:41 am

I agree 100% 21fan.. I don't understand why someone would pass up a deal like that. That would've been FREE MONEY for WT...

jdr77
Track Champion
Track Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Luv Racin Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:41 pm

Whitey had the opportunity at the start of the season to make it right with the drivers. I thank he had the best intentions, but when he let his wife step into the picture that is when things started going down hill for the drivers. These drivers put a lot of money out each week to come and entertain for Whitey, so they should be payed what they are promised. We all know that the car count didn't start falling off until he started cutting the pay, and for those of you who wishes to continue to race for PENNYS all I can say is, you must have some pretty deep pockets. Best of luck to all of the drivers who continue to support the track.
Luv Racin
Luv Racin
Repeat Winner
Repeat Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by jdr77 Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:05 pm

it cost us around $90 to $100 every weekend I race.. I wouldn't mind spending that if I got a good sum of the money back. but $10 bucks just dosen't cut it. The series that I will race in next year pays 500 to win every race. some races even more than that.

jdr77
Track Champion
Track Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Luv Racin Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:29 pm

No one is going to come close to "BREAKING EVEN" in racing, but it is pretty dam bad when the drivers have to pay the promotor to race at his facility. Isn't that what you done jdr77? I don't blame the drivers that have left. I just hate it for us fans.
Luv Racin
Luv Racin
Repeat Winner
Repeat Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by 25 ucar and 25 ministock Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:38 pm

Wallace76fan wrote:Just curious Anthony......did your dad used to work for the railroad ?

Yep...........Frankie Chitwood I cant go anywere without someone knowing him. He is one of those guys you cant help but to like.

25 ucar and 25 ministock
Defending Champion
Defending Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum