Let's Talk Racing at FCS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Racing in 2010 at FCS

+6
racingfan
steady e
8racin8
Speedyb9
DuckPond23
Friendoroe
10 posters

Go down

Racing in 2010 at FCS Empty Racing in 2010 at FCS

Post by Friendoroe Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:55 pm

How would 6 or 7 special races at FCS next year with a good payoff for all classes sound?

No other racing just the 6 or 7 main events!

Feature classes:
Real Late Models
Street Stock MMS rule book
Mod 4 MMS rule book
UCAR MMS rule book

1 race in April
1 in May
2 in June
1 in July around the 4th
1 in August
Maybe 1 more in September

Friendoroe
Track Champion
Track Champion

Back to top Go down

Racing in 2010 at FCS Empty Re: Racing in 2010 at FCS

Post by DuckPond23 Fri Aug 28, 2009 5:27 pm

that sounds great...at least ud get paid
DuckPond23
DuckPond23
Heat Winner
Heat Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by Speedyb9 Fri Aug 28, 2009 5:31 pm

Sounds great if its on the motormile off weekends. You guys may be fralklin co last hope to have REAL racing back at fcs. Not run what ya brung kind of rules.
Speedyb9
Speedyb9
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 8racin8 Fri Aug 28, 2009 6:57 pm

That would be AWSOME!!!!!!!
8racin8
8racin8
Track Champion
Track Champion

Back to top Go down

Racing in 2010 at FCS Empty we would be there

Post by steady e Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:11 pm

We would be there.
steady e
steady e
Qualifier
Qualifier

http://nesterracing.tripod.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by racingfan Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:51 pm

This track needs someone to run it everyweek alot of us who live in this county want to see racing every week that track had good racing for two years running everyweek so it can be done i could care less about mms i live here and want to see racing here

Friendoroe wrote:How would 6 or 7 special races at FCS next year with a good payoff for all classes sound?

Feature classes:
Real Late Models
Street Stock MMS rule book
Mod 4 MMS rule book
UCAR MMS rule book

1 race in April
1 in May
2 in June
1 in July around the 4th
1 in August
Maybe 1 more in September

racingfan
Heat Winner
Heat Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by DuckPond23 Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:40 pm

well thats easy to say, but do you realize richard gluth lost $35,000 a year both years he ran it? yea i live in callaway myself but are you willing to lose that much cash?
DuckPond23
DuckPond23
Heat Winner
Heat Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by RaceFace Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:50 am

Richard made his first mistake when he sunk $85,000 in the place before he had his first race as promotor,then made his second mistake with the ASA Sanctionioning, made his 3rd mistake allowing Bubba the Red Neck Security Guard terrorize the place the first year and a half running off hundreds of fans before running him off and a forth major mistake his first year and quickly realizing it towards the end of his first year NOT being open every week is a set up for failure. Personally my thoughts are like his (Richards) as we talked a many of Thursdays at the track 1. To have a strong core fan base you got to be open every week (NOT saying you have to run EVERY division every week) or they will go else where on the weeks you are closed and may or may not come back. 2. You have to also take into account alot of drivers will not leave there main weekly track and loose Track Championship Points just to run a few times somewhere else. 3. I think it would not be cost efficient to anyone building/buying a car just to run 6 or so races as well as harder to get sponsorship to sponsor them 6 races versus 20 races(May-Sept) Roe Roe knows I want FCS open with real racing going on instead of this garbage thats going on now but thruthfully I think a 6 race schedule would have the same outcome as another local dirt track only running once a month.Roe Roe you need to think about May-Sept 20 races and team up with someone with Motor Mile and run FCS on Fridays(race time 8pm like it should be and have everyone out by 10pm) and Motor Mile Saturdays with dual track points to insure drivers run both. You and the Encyclopedia really need to throw the idea to the powers that be at MMS. Also I would get with Randy and run the Modifieds every other week. 10.00 admission - 12 and under free with an adult - 25.00 a car load.......fairly priced and clean concessions( I love OCS's variety) Flip Flop the front and back stretches, ALLOW ALCOHOL on the backstretch (which is currently the frontstretch ) ONLY.........Oh yeah have a clause that WT is not to be seen and most definately no access to the P.A. system. You know I'm here if you need me Roe Roe but personally if you can't make a real season out of it maybe 1 big money spring race and 1 big money fall race would be the to go.

RaceFace
Heat Winner
Heat Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by DuckPond23 Sat Aug 29, 2009 1:05 am

wow well sai raceface....now that i look at ure post i realize that you have very valid points.
DuckPond23
DuckPond23
Heat Winner
Heat Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by MUSTANG CHICK Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:31 am

RaceFace wrote: made his 3rd mistake allowing Bubba the Red Neck Security Guard terrorize the place the first year and a half running off hundreds of fans before running him off

you made some great points raceface!!!! and that security guard was a jacka$$!!! my friend had Kool aid of all things in a cup (due to not being able to drink sodas) but anyway made him poor it out... and after he went and sat down came back to him and made him go back to MY vehicle and show him the jug.... and made him poor it out!!!! I didnt know what was going on cuz i wasnt sitting w/ them @ the time... and if i had been by god he wouldnt have been in my vehicle making no one poor $hit out!!! and i went up to him later and confronted him on that... he had no right he threatened to call the cops and i told him to go right ahead and we would see who was in the right and he told me to leave and i told him it would be a cold day in he!!... needless to say i was there the rest of the night... after he went to Richard and cried about it and Richard came to us and apologized....
MUSTANG CHICK
MUSTANG CHICK
Defending Champion
Defending Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by racingfan Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:54 pm

DuckPond23 wrote:well thats easy to say, but do you realize richard gluth lost $35,000 a year both years he ran it? yea i live in callaway myself but are you willing to lose that much cash?
iknow money can be made there i have been around that place for 30 years like raceface said richard spent too much right off before he ever run a race and those security people lost him a pile of money if you pay a decent purse and not try to keep up with shelor motor mile and there big tax right off(mms purse)because it aint going to happen this place can be a success because when fcs has the cars it is the best show around here bar none

racingfan
Heat Winner
Heat Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by Speedyb9 Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:32 pm

MONEY=CARS. CARS=FANS. FANS=MORE MONEY!!!!!!! It don't take a rocket scientist to figure that out and yes richard probally spent thousands of $'s. But one thing about the man is that he kept his word. I just hope the best for whoever takes over the track
Speedyb9
Speedyb9
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cueball101 Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:19 am

Speedyb9 wrote:MONEY=CARS. CARS=FANS. FANS=MORE MONEY!!!!!!! It don't take a rocket scientist to figure that out and yes richard probally spent thousands of $'s. But one thing about the man is that he kept his word. I just hope the best for whoever takes over the track

you seem to have it all figured out...put up the big bucks boy....and lets go racing next year...sounds easy dont it
cueball101
cueball101
Track Champion
Track Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Speedyb9 Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:31 am

HAHAHAHAHA. It is for someone that has that money to start it out. I mean think of all the drivers that would be there weekly if the track run on friday nights and had a new promotor. Smile
Speedyb9
Speedyb9
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Streetstock5 Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:04 am

For what it is worth, I'd love the idea of running my (MMS rules) Streetstock at FCS on Friday nights. That would give me my Saturdays at the house to take care of the things I need to do.

Streetstock5
Heat Winner
Heat Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by steady e Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:22 pm

steady e
steady e
Qualifier
Qualifier

http://nesterracing.tripod.com/

Back to top Go down