Let's Talk Racing at FCS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ASA Southern Modified Tour Race Rescheduled

+4
MUSTANG CHICK
cueball101
Wallace76fan
FCS Encyclopedia
8 posters

Go down

ASA Southern Modified Tour Race Rescheduled Empty ASA Southern Modified Tour Race Rescheduled

Post by FCS Encyclopedia Mon May 04, 2009 10:00 pm

“KENNY MINTER MEMORIAL125” AT FRANKLIN COUNTY SPEEDWAY RESCHEDULED FOR JUNE 7TH

(King, NC): Officials from the American Speed Association (ASA) Southern Modified Races Tour (SMRT) and Franklin County Speedway announced today a schedule change for the 3rd Annual “Kenny Minter Memorial 125”. The event, originally scheduled for Saturday, May 9th, will be run on Sunday afternoon, June 7th.

“The “down” economy seems to be affecting car counts at all local tracks and the Modified division seems to be especially hard hit right now. The NASCAR Whelen Southern Modified Tour has struggled for strong car counts this Spring and the historic Bowman Gray Stadium had only 20 Modifieds on hand for the biggest race of the season on opening night and only 15 cars showed up for the first “Madhouse Scramble” race this past Saturday. There were twenty ASA / SMRT Modifieds at Orange County Speedway in March for the “Josh Jenkins Memorial”. Fans of Modified racing deserve better than an event with 10 – 12 cars and that is the car count we were looking at for the Franklin County Speedway event. We want to give the FCS fans a great race when we come back in June and this extra time for teams to prepare as well as make a decision on where they want to compete may be just what the “doctor ordered” for the success of the event. The change to Sunday afternoon should open up some teams schedules. We have several competitors who work with Nationwide series teams and this should make it easier for them as well as anyone from Bowman Gray wanting to come”, said SMRT Director, Randy Myers.

“We appreciate FCS Promoter, Whitey Taylor, giving us the chance to race at Franklin County and especially appreciate him working with us on the rescheduling of the “Kenny Minter Memorial 125” to June”, Myers said.

All discount coupons for the original date will be honored and can still be picked up at Rocky Mount, VA area Bojangles and Dairy Queen’s as well as Clarence’s Steak House in Ridgeway, VA and Ray’s Restaurant in Floyd, VA.

The next ASA / SMRT event is set for Hickory Motor Speedway on Sunday, May 17th. The Modifieds will compete along with the ASA Southeast Late Model Tour.

ASA, ASA Racing and American Speed Association are trademarks of Racing Speed Associates, LLC. Racing Speed Associates, LLC is not related to or affiliated with ASA Late Model Series, LLC.

FCS Encyclopedia
Defending Champion
Defending Champion

Back to top Go down

ASA Southern Modified Tour Race Rescheduled Empty Re: ASA Southern Modified Tour Race Rescheduled

Post by Wallace76fan Mon May 04, 2009 10:42 pm

Good move guys......hopefully the northern guys will be off and a few of them might get to come down.
Wallace76fan
Wallace76fan
Track Champion
Track Champion

Back to top Go down

ASA Southern Modified Tour Race Rescheduled Empty Re: ASA Southern Modified Tour Race Rescheduled

Post by cueball101 Mon May 04, 2009 10:47 pm

yea they wanted to move the race because they wanted the fcs classes to build up more cars before they come race
cueball101
cueball101
Track Champion
Track Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by FCS Encyclopedia Mon May 04, 2009 11:42 pm

It would be nice to see a full blown Late Model Stock Car race added to the ASA Mod show on Sunday June 7th. Maybe if enough people e-mail Randy Myers, he would entertain the idea. He is leasing the track that day!

FCS Encyclopedia
Defending Champion
Defending Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by MUSTANG CHICK Tue May 05, 2009 3:47 pm

i was told that they didnt get enough mod entries so they posponed it, but lets c if whitey lets it fly!?!!?!
MUSTANG CHICK
MUSTANG CHICK
Defending Champion
Defending Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by 8 Ball Racing Wed May 06, 2009 12:38 pm

What other divisions will be racing???
8 Ball Racing
8 Ball Racing
Track Champion
Track Champion

http://www.jonathansmithracing.20m.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ChevyRacin08 Wed May 06, 2009 5:48 pm

thats a good question, i was wondering that too since its on a sunday and you know whitey is gonna run saturday night so will all the regular classes run on sunday as well?
ChevyRacin08
ChevyRacin08
Defending Champion
Defending Champion

http://wesleythomasonracing.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by 25 ucar and 25 ministock Thu May 07, 2009 12:26 am

8 Ball Racing wrote:What other divisions will be racing???

I seen a paper at callaway store that said the same classes as every sat. dont worry cracker jack youll be running.... Well I know YOU wont be worried... Very Happy

25 ucar and 25 ministock
Defending Champion
Defending Champion

Back to top Go down

ASA Southern Modified Tour Race Rescheduled Empty ASA Mods

Post by ducksracin Thu May 07, 2009 6:59 am

I predict there will be no modified race.

ducksracin
Qualifier
Qualifier

Back to top Go down

Post by 8 Ball Racing Thu May 07, 2009 3:05 pm

Haha aint nothing to worry about lol. I mean I think that we should only run on Sunday that weekend that way I car go and race at 311 on that saturday!! Hey anthony when you going to get that ucar back up to callaway?? You should come run that car this sunday on dirt with us!!
8 Ball Racing
8 Ball Racing
Track Champion
Track Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by 8 Ball Racing Thu May 07, 2009 3:07 pm

Haha aint nothing to worry about lol. I mean I think that we should only run on Sunday that weekend that way I car go and race at 311 on that saturday!! Hey anthony when you going to get that ucar back up to callaway?? You should come run that car this sunday on dirt with us!!
8 Ball Racing
8 Ball Racing
Track Champion
Track Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by cueball101 Thu May 07, 2009 8:17 pm

dont get your hopes up
cueball101
cueball101
Track Champion
Track Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down