Let's Talk Racing at FCS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Late Model DRIVERS ?????

+2
RaceFace
speedy
6 posters

Go down

Late Model DRIVERS ????? Empty Late Model DRIVERS ?????

Post by speedy Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:10 pm

anyone know who is thinking about racing at FCS this yr in Late Model? Are any of the drivers gonna try to run for points at MMS and FCS? I cant make it to MMS to watch so I'd like to see some of the drivers at FCS, looking forward to watching some good racing in this division. Go Frankie!

speedy
Track Champion
Track Champion

Back to top Go down

Late Model DRIVERS ????? Empty Re: Late Model DRIVERS ?????

Post by RaceFace Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:32 pm

Probably be the same 3 or 4 from last year and in my opinion I wouldn't hold my breath on anyone coming down from MotorMile.On a bright side for local racing Bowman Gray Stadium has issued all 100 different numbers for their Mini Stock Division and have started issuing numbers and letter (ex. 14s ) Its amazing how if you only treat your drivers with a little respect how they will flock to a track.And Ace Speedway is going to be ASA Sanctioned this year so that will give all of the REAL FCS Late Models a place to run this year(Man wouldn't it be great to see Jimmy Mullins and Rodney Cook put on a show at Ace like they did a couple years ago when FCS was run like a real race track)Personally I cant wait to see young Michael McGuire run at Hickory next weekend in his first UARA Stars event.Booogity....Booogity....Booogity....Racing season is finally here !!!!

RaceFace
Heat Winner
Heat Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by speedy Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:57 pm

Just curious but, who would the real FCS Late Models be? Last yr was my first yr watching the races, fill me in on who the real ones are and who the fake ones are.

speedy
Track Champion
Track Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by RaceFace Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:19 pm

Speedy....its not that they were "Fake" as you called them.Up until this past year FCS ran what I call real Late Models before Don made up his Late Model Street division that he ran there last year.I guess the best way for you to understand since last year was your "first" year watching the races would be familiarize yourself to either other tracks that run LMSC's or possibly read the rules.If you were at the event event Kenny Lang put but those were what I call real Late Models (that all raced there weekly until this past year) as compared to what ran there this past year(not knocking those guys as they chose to run the rules that were laid out for them)

RaceFace
Heat Winner
Heat Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by speedy Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:23 pm

yes, I see what you're saying. I did take a look at the rules and they are different. I agree with ya there. FCS says LMSC rules plus added there (own rules) which makes the cars a little different. Thank You RaceFace, I didn't know they had different rules. I do think that some of the drivers in the FCS LM class are good drivers, so I don't want to knock them, but I now see the difference in the rules. I would assume that the LM cars at FCS could change a few minor things and run somewhere else too if they wanted too or could afford it. Maybe FCS is a cheaper option or they just like that track. I don't know. WOW NASCAR LMSC has a bunch of rules too, lol.

speedy
Track Champion
Track Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by 21 fan Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:47 pm

speedy wrote:yes, I see what you're saying. I did take a look at the rules and they are different. I agree with ya there. FCS says LMSC rules plus added there (own rules) which makes the cars a little different. Thank You RaceFace, I didn't know they had different rules. I do think that some of the drivers in the FCS LM class are good drivers, so I don't want to knock them, but I now see the difference in the rules. I would assume that the LM cars at FCS could change a few minor things and run somewhere else too if they wanted too or could afford it. Maybe FCS is a cheapey just like that track. I don't know. WOW NASCAR LMSC has a bunch of rules too, lol.
My opinion on this if the late model guys wanna run someone else they would have to update their stuff if u wanted be competetive or i would suggest running limited sportsman because they would win more money and plus they could pretty much run their cars

21 fan
Repeat Winner
Repeat Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by Wallace76fan Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:01 am

One major thing too that's a downside to whatever you want to call "this" division at FCS is running "pump" gas.....I'd hate to see any of the top LMSC's from other tracks try to run "pump" gas in those fine tuned engines.As far as being cost efficient when Richard promoted FCS and ran LMSC's it was one if not the most cost efficient tracks in the area,that was the main reasons for drivers like Rodney Cook who ran then.There's a lot of good LMSC in the area just sitting.....too bad WT doesn't do the right thing where they might come back.....I miss those 15-20 car fields that ran there just a couple years ago.
Wallace76fan
Wallace76fan
Track Champion
Track Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by lmsc1410 Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:47 pm

all great points....i think they ran racing fuel last half of the year and they got a few guys down there daryn cochram and dan martin but other then that thats the only guys who came from mms.....lmsc that will prolly run their young lawless will be back n calvin brooks...i know not much but they put on a good show early in the year...maybe even nathan wheat.

lmsc1410
Heat Winner
Heat Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by 8racin8 Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:33 pm

/

Last edited by 8racin8 on Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
8racin8
8racin8
Track Champion
Track Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by lmsc1410 Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:52 pm

well i forgot to say kyle and mike so idk we'll have to see what happens

lmsc1410
Heat Winner
Heat Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down