Let's Talk Racing at FCS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

If I had the money....my vision for Franklin County Speedway would be....

+2
MUSTANG CHICK
FCS Encyclopedia
6 posters

Go down

If I had the money....my vision for Franklin County Speedway would be.... Empty If I had the money....my vision for Franklin County Speedway would be....

Post by FCS Encyclopedia Tue Apr 14, 2009 5:27 pm

.... this may bore you guys to death, but I feel really stongly about it!!

First, repaving of the track is a must. No changes to the configuration of the track whatsoever. Just a good company coming in and repaving the track just like it was when Wilton built it. Retaining walls would have to be taken care of also.

A complete redesign and leveling of the pits. Instead of coming up hill when entering pit road, it should be level. Concessions and a tech building in the middle of the pits with ample hauler parking on both sides of the track. The leveling of the pits would also make for better sight lines for race fans in the stands, especially with a lot of teams having big money haulers now.

All buildings on the outside of the track would be bulldozed except the tower in turn four, along with the concrete bleachers. Aluminum bleachers on both straights with concessions and bathrooms under them would be the way to go I think. Scoring towers and small VIP rooms would be located on top of the grandstands. The VIP tower that currently sits in turn four would be remodeled and used for what it was first intended.

New scoreboard in turns three and four with seating in lawn chairs around the fence for fans that want to get really close to the action. Transponder scoring system in place. Turns one and two….my vision….tiered parking for vehicles so people could just back up to the track and watch…kind of like a drive in theater used to be.

Now…for the racing. Late Model Stock Cars, Mod4, Street Stock and UCARS would be the regular divisions. No imports in UCAR. Same EXACT rulebook as Motor Mile Speedway. NASCAR or ASA sanctioning and Friday night racing.

Friday night could work very well at FCS. Gates could open about 3:30pm with practices starting at 5:30pm. Qualifying at 7:30pm with racing beginning at 8:15pm. You should be able to get a show in in three and one half hours. Modifieds, Pass South Late Models, UARA just to name a few touring series. Maybe switch some Friday night races to Sunday afternoons when high school football gets underway.

Put in a bonus system for guys who could win at FCS on Friday, and then go to South Boston, Motor Mile, Caraway, etc. and repeat the same weekend. Maybe even top five at both places on all divisions could receive some dough when they returned to FCS the next week. Working in conjunction with area tracks is a MUST. I mean who would not want to watch Philip Morris, Chad Harris, Jimmy Mullins, Rodney Cook, Justin Johnson, Rick Sigmon etc. race at FCS on Friday, and then get to watch them battle again on Saturday at MMS, SoBo or other regional tracks?

150-laps minimum each week for LMSC. Could be twin 75’s or a straight 150-laps. 40-lappers in Mod4 and Street Stock. 30 lap UCAR. Purse in line with other area tracks.

No more paying out of the car as you pull up. Tickets bought at the booth as you enter the grandstands. Coolers ok, but no alcohol brought in. The alcohol would be sold at the speedway and have a limit on how many.

Ambulance inside of the race track and not sitting outside of pit gate like it is now. I really worry about someone getting hurt at that pit gate and not being able to get the ambulance in the speedway in a timely manner.

Plenty of ideas in this head of mine, but very empty pockets……I really think I could assemble a great staff at FCS and make the place a jewel if financial backing was in place.

Give me feedback guys. No plan is perfect, but I have went through this so many times in my head. Maybe I am crazy and it is far fetched.

FCS Encyclopedia
Defending Champion
Defending Champion

Back to top Go down

If I had the money....my vision for Franklin County Speedway would be.... Empty Re: If I had the money....my vision for Franklin County Speedway would be....

Post by MUSTANG CHICK Tue Apr 14, 2009 5:35 pm

Man I hope that lottery ticket you got pays off tonight!!!!! Those are some awesome plans!!! All very doable!!! Only thing i would add is that there would be ample parking for the disabled, where its at now tends to end up being problematic... not everyone is or has disabled person w/ them. but other than that I think your plan ounds awesome!!!! I'll keep my fingers crossed on them winning numbers!!! Wink
MUSTANG CHICK
MUSTANG CHICK
Defending Champion
Defending Champion

Back to top Go down

If I had the money....my vision for Franklin County Speedway would be.... Empty Re: If I had the money....my vision for Franklin County Speedway would be....

Post by Speedyb9 Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:17 pm

Those are awesome ideas but it would take ALOT of money. I think the bathrooms, scoreboard, and grandstands would be the first things I would fix and then get a sanctioning body (I would choose NASCAR). O, The wonders that a rich person could do with that track. FCS is a huge goldmine!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Speedyb9
Speedyb9
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 8 Ball Racing Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:33 pm

Yea they are great plans but I believe that it would be easyer and cheaper to just start all over somewhere else. But if somebody had the money that would be some great ideas for them and would make for a great track and some great racing.
8 Ball Racing
8 Ball Racing
Track Champion
Track Champion

http://www.jonathansmithracing.20m.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jdr77 Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:49 pm

theres ways to get around some of the full expenses in exchange for promotional plans. Like sponsorship in exchange for putting the parking area in, or atleast a discount on the full price. Nascar sanctioning will bring in drivers from all around, especially if the place will look as good as you've invisioned it. Along with strict tech officials that set rules and stand by them. the place could get 20,000 fans every weekend if the right stuff is brought to the table..and thats no exaggeration.

jdr77
Track Champion
Track Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by MUSTANG CHICK Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:51 pm

Its a beautiful thought!!!! Ill keep my fingers crossed on that lottery ticket!!!! Maybe some day it will come to pass!!
MUSTANG CHICK
MUSTANG CHICK
Defending Champion
Defending Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Speedyb9 Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:36 pm

Man, it would be awesome for NASCAR to sanction the track. The fans + drivers pouring in (as long as the facility's were updated) = $$$$$. LOTS of money. king
Speedyb9
Speedyb9
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ChevyRacin08 Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:08 pm

i heard like 5 years ago or so that someone offered whitey 1.5 million or so, i cant remember the exact amount, to buy the track! hey where's that guy at now!!! hahahahaha
ChevyRacin08
ChevyRacin08
Defending Champion
Defending Champion

http://wesleythomasonracing.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Speedyb9 Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:28 pm

Wonder why whitey didn't take it?
Speedyb9
Speedyb9
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ChevyRacin08 Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:01 am

im not sure...that just what i heard..but i would love to have the money to buy that place 2! btw count me in on thos lotto tickets imma play a few for friday night! hahaha
ChevyRacin08
ChevyRacin08
Defending Champion
Defending Champion

http://wesleythomasonracing.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down