Let's Talk Racing at FCS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

what's happening for the new season?

+8
FCS Encyclopedia
RaceFace
Speedyb9
Driver57
8racin8
jdr77
ChevyRacin08
#53 mom
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

what's happening for the new season? Empty what's happening for the new season?

Post by #53 mom Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:43 pm

Hey Everybody

We are planning to run this season and we were just wondering what's new. Libby has
not been on in a long time so we are out of touch. Any thing intresting happening?

#53 mom
Qualifier
Qualifier

Back to top Go down

what's happening for the new season? Empty Re: what's happening for the new season?

Post by ChevyRacin08 Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:56 pm

its gonna be the same ole same ole...dnt expect anything to change
ChevyRacin08
ChevyRacin08
Defending Champion
Defending Champion

http://wesleythomasonracing.webs.com

Back to top Go down

what's happening for the new season? Empty Re: what's happening for the new season?

Post by #53 mom Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:25 pm

I see where there might not be as many guys coming back to race this season. Sounds like alot of folks are looking for a new track

#53 mom
Qualifier
Qualifier

Back to top Go down

Post by jdr77 Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:42 pm

I dont blame them. They want to run at a track where they can get a little credability for their finishes.

jdr77
Track Champion
Track Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by #53 mom Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:59 pm

I will have to say, we have meant some of the nicest people at FCS and they sure were helpful to Libby last season Very Happy

#53 mom
Qualifier
Qualifier

Back to top Go down

Post by 8racin8 Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:54 am

Probabley wont be many people down their in 2010
8racin8
8racin8
Track Champion
Track Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver57 Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:14 pm

I'm sure there will be more there then most people believe.

Driver57
Repeat Winner
Repeat Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by Speedyb9 Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:17 pm

Your right Driver57! The reasons there will be more there than most expect are *** 1. Some drivers can't afford to travel and race at tracks like MMS or South Boston. 2. Its a FUN track to drive at. 3. Some just want to support there local track and keep it going. That local track (FCS) to some racing there is where they feel they should be. 4. Drivers that have never been will go there to race. 5. When your winning at FCS why would you go somewhere else? Well there are plenty of reasons but some drivers feel if that if they are winning at FCS why leave? 6. Drivers that are under 14 don't have many more places to go besides OCS but for some that is a very long drive. *** These are all good reasons why the track won't die and there will be just as many Drivers as there was last year if not more!!! Heck Whitey probally understands this and that is probally why the pay is low and the lease is HIGH. He is making money off of that track because Drivers keep coming back.
Speedyb9
Speedyb9
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 8racin8 Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:37 am

That is very true. I never thougt about that.
8racin8
8racin8
Track Champion
Track Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by #53 mom Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:12 am

You guys are exactly right, we live 45 minutes from OCS, 20 minutes from South Boston and we choose to travel almost 1hr. 45mins to run at FCS because the track is more challenging, the people are better, the show is better and the cost is affordable. NASCAR lowered the age limit to 14 for this coming season and there still is no talk of anymore people being at South Boston. I know there are alot of things that should be different at FCS, but if you get down to basics, it is not nearly as bad as some larger tracks, they don't try to break you every time you come to race and the rules at FCS make it more reasonable for people to be able to run that would not be able to afford to race at some of these larger tracks. The grass ain't always greener on the other side.

#53 mom
Qualifier
Qualifier

Back to top Go down

Post by RaceFace Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:39 pm

Wow......unbelievable

RaceFace
Heat Winner
Heat Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by FCS Encyclopedia Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:57 pm

My thoughts exactly

FCS Encyclopedia
Defending Champion
Defending Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by #53 mom Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:23 pm

There are to many favorites at larger tracks in my opinion and it is hard for the little man to be able o compete

#53 mom
Qualifier
Qualifier

Back to top Go down

Post by Streetstock5 Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:57 pm

It's called the least common denominater. Beam me up Scotty.

Streetstock5
Heat Winner
Heat Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by Speedyb9 Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:34 pm

Now look do I plan on supporting the track this year...no. But some people don't have a choice or choose to. You have to look at it from some other peoples perspective. I didn't say it was a great track just that there are some reasons people go.
Speedyb9
Speedyb9
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by #53 mom Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:54 pm

We have always gone to SBS to watch racing and we have run there over the years, but as with anything else, all tracks have problems and FCS certainly has its share, but its the people that race and the fans that make a track successful, even when the track itself ain't that great.

#53 mom
Qualifier
Qualifier

Back to top Go down

Post by FCS Encyclopedia Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:16 pm

I see it differently. The track is great, not in great shape, but with the right amount of quality cars, there is no better short track to watch a race.

It is the management and the way the drivers are treated that I completely disagree with. #53 Mom, I do admire you. You are one of the very, very few who feel the way you do.

FCS Encyclopedia
Defending Champion
Defending Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver57 Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:37 pm

Hell, I've gotten so discusted that i'll sale both my u-cars and a parts car and you can go racing. If anybody is interested then e-mail me or call ma @ 540-493-8549. I've just got to where i don't really have the money to finish getting them ready to go racing and alot of other things i need to do right now. One has four wins on it and the other has never been ran it's brand new built race ready. I'll take $2000.00 obo for both

Driver57
Repeat Winner
Repeat Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by Streetstock5 Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:56 pm

Yes Speedyb9 I understand that, but at some point it comes down to how low you can go before you lose your own dignity just to race. I just don't understand how folks can lower their standards just to be able to get behind the wheel. For crying out loud man take some pride in what you do and where you do it, if not for anyone else, do it for yourself. JMO

Streetstock5
Heat Winner
Heat Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by Speedyb9 Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:03 pm

Streetstock5 wrote:I just don't understand how folks can lower their standards just to be able to get behind the wheel.

Streetstock5 I do have pride but when ya live 3 hours away from orange county i didn't really have a choice and i had to get seat time somewhere. If you remember at the time i raced there NASCAR hadn't lowered there age limit to 14. This year i'll be at MMS with Anthony running Limiteds. Didn't you run at Franklin County this year and if I'm not mistaken you raced there more than I did. JMO.
Speedyb9
Speedyb9
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Streetstock5 Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:25 pm

Yes Speedyb9 I did race there the first year Richard Gluth ran the track and I loved it there even if ol' Frankie Kelley called me "The Spin King" . I too needed some seat time and I'll tell you the truth I would have come back the next year but my wife got sick and she became my number 1 priority taking care of her. I love FCS and I had the most fun I've ever had racing there. But when Richard gave up the lease and Mr. Taylor took it back over I knew that that was it for me. I'll be going back to MMS this year because its the closest track to where I live. They have 10 weekends (11 races) and that suits me just fine. My point was that I know that you and everyone else on here can do better without having to lower your standards and run at Whitey World. I in no way think that I'm any better than anyone else who runs at FCS, I just think when you run there you take the chance of be associated with the track management. Like the saying goes, "If you hang around the manure wagon long enough, you'll start to smell like it". I'll be in the #5 streetstock, come on by and say hello, would be glad to meet you. Good luck this year.

Streetstock5
Heat Winner
Heat Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by Speedyb9 Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:39 pm

Okay well you tell me where i could have gone streetstock5? Like I said OCS is 3 hours away from my house. You keep saying I lowered my standards but I did not have a choice if i wanted to get seat time. Trust me when I say I will not be down there anymore this year but where else could I have gone last year? We race on a low budget so that place was perfect for the racing i was doing. Just trying to get seat time. Now I am in no way putting you down. I'm not that kind of person. I just want to know what ya mean by me lowering my standards? Heck this past year was my first anyway.
Speedyb9
Speedyb9
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Streetstock5 Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:47 pm

I didn't know that this was your first year. Sorry, my bad. I thought you had raced before. So let me put it this way...if you go back this year I think you'd be lowering you standards....Hows that?

Streetstock5
Heat Winner
Heat Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by Speedyb9 Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:14 am

HAHA! It's cool. But no I'm not going back. My point earlier was just that newcomers to racing (like I was this year) and people with low budgets can go there and race until they can afford to race at MMS or South Boston. The others reasons i gave in my first post were just reasons other drivers may race there.
Speedyb9
Speedyb9
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 8racin8 Sat Jan 16, 2010 3:08 am

Its a really good little track. If it would be put under good management i think their wuld be agood car count. Not anything like motormile but maybe atleast 5-10 or more. 10-15 mini stock. 10-20 street stock. 10-20 ucar etc... JMO
8racin8
8racin8
Track Champion
Track Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next